Cambrian College’s Schools of Business and Information Technology; Creative Arts, Design, and Music; and Hospitality requires a part-time Professor from May 7 to August 17, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Academic Manager, the Professor will teach in the following course:
Project Communication Management (COM1002) – 3 hours per week – Students will become proficient in project communications management, which is considered to be one of the most important of all project management knowledge areas for contributing to project success. Students will learn how proper project communications requires planning for communications, managing the communications, and controlling communications. A key output in this course will be the development of a communication management plan that will address communication requirements, communication technologies, and communication models. Managing communications will provide students with the ability to determine when and how to modify the communication plan. Finally, controlling communications will give students the understanding of how to ensure stakeholders are continuing to be communicated to in the manner that meets their need for project information. Students will be applying project communication concepts using a set of forms and reports so they can readily apply the practices described in the PMBOK® Guide to their real world projects.
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in Communications and/or PMI or CAPM certification. (A copy of educational documents and certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of relevant experience working in communications and on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary education diploma or degree and/or PMI or CAPM Certification.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.