Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Professor to teach in the Carpentry Renovation Techniques program from February to August 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses on a variety of carpentry-related topics such as safety, materials and tools, plans, specifications and codes, estimation, and residential construction.
- Certificate of Qualification (Interprovincial Red Seal) as a Journeyperson and Certification of Apprenticeship. (A copy of certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of relevant construction experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to use creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Postsecondary diploma relevant to this field.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Certificate of Qualification (Interprovincial Red Seal) as a Journeyperson.
- Certification of Apprenticeship
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.