Cambrian College’s School of Business and Information Technology requires a full-time Professor to teach within its Business programs beginning August 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach theory and practical courses about various aspects of the field of business such as managerial accounting, international finance, financial planning, financial management, math of finance, and introduction to accounting.
- Remain actively involved in curriculum and course development/revision and evaluation.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials, curriculum revisions, and textbook selections.
- Three- or four-year university degree preferably in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or International Finance.
- Five years of work experience in managerial accounting, finance, financial management, or related field.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy with respect to standard office software packages and spreadsheets.
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience with online learning.
- International business experience.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.