Cambrian College’s Student Success and Recruitment department requires a part-time Postsecondary Pathway Navigator within the Dual Credit portfolio beginning October 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individualized information discussions and follow-up with each student within the portfolio.
- Develop and host small group conversations focusing on finding and exploring postsecondary programs, applying to postsecondary education, and financing college.
- Be involved in and knowledgeable about postsecondary programs, admissions processes, selection processes, OSAP, etc.
- Guide students through the application and OSAP process.
- Complete reports as outlined by the School/College/Work Initiative.
- Assist and liaise with dual credit teachers from partnership boards and College faculty.
- Act as the frontline contact for students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Respond to general questions and inquiries.
- Liaise with the SCWI Coordinator and provide pathway support to dual credit students.
- Work with internal and external resources to support students.
- Promote the value of postsecondary education and provide information to students and parents regarding pathways, supports, and funding opportunities.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma, preferably in the area of Business or Social Services.
- Two years of practical experience working with at-risk student groups, statistical analysis, and report writing.
- Strong presentation skills, organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to be flexible, prioritize, adapt easily to change, and work independently while maintaining a positive attitude in order to promote and foster a team-oriented environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Experience working within a postsecondary or secondary school environment.
- Knowledge of the postsecondary education sector and dual credit program.
* All candidates will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.