Cambrian College’s Human Resources department requires a full-time Manager, Equity, Human Rights, and Accessibility beginning June 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide mediation of matters related to equity.
- Provide recommendations, implementation, and management or support of policies and programs that satisfy the principles and objectives related to Harassment and Discrimination (Human Rights) Code of Conduct, workplace violence prevention, women’s campus safety, and sexual assault/violence.
- Coordinate the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and coordinate education and training related to accessibility as required by the AODA.
- Ensure the College is in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Conduct confidential assessment of complaints regarding various Code-related discrimination and harassment matters, issues concerning the College community, and the provision of proactive education. Formulate appropriate recommendations based on findings.
- Create a positive learning and working culture that promotes an environment free of harassment and discrimination and promotes the value of diversity in many forms.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate educational initiatives, training, and outreach to improve diversity in the workplace and promote an all-inclusive culture.
- Will be assigned activities related to The Women’s Resource Centre.
- Oversee the forecasting of budget requirements for the Equity, Human Rights, and Accessibility area, and manage funding directed towards women’s campus safety awareness and related activities.
- Prepare statistical reports and data analysis, conduct research, and represent the College as a member of various committees.
- Must have a four year degree, preferably in Human Resources, Human Relations, or Psychology.
- Seven years of experience working in the field of human rights, along with experience coordinating women’s safety and harassment programs.
- Advanced mediation and/or alternate dispute resolution training, along with a solid understanding of union collective agreements, Ontario Human Rights Commission laws, Occupational Health and Safety Act Bill 168, and employment equity.
- Excellent presentation and training skills are essential to this role.
- Proven ability to communicate (in writing and verbally) at an advanced level.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills, and the ability to maintain complex operational demands and meet deadlines.
- Dynamic professional providing effective leadership to the College while creating a diversity-driven educational and work environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution certification.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.