Cambrian College’s Information Technology department requires a full-time IT Technician beginning October 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the technologies of desktop/laptop environments.
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot equipment and software.
- Deliver direct support to clients.
- Assist in coordinating part-time staff and students supporting the environment.
- Actively participate in special project activities.
- Provide audio video support for College labs/classrooms, events, and meeting.
- Work in the field, at the Information Technology Service Desk, and within the Information Technology Technical Support Centre.
- Three-year diploma or degree within the computer field.
- Two years of experience in the operation, use, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of PC-based microcomputer hardware and related IT equipment, Windows operating system and other Windows software, Macintosh operating system, and other Mac software.
- Experience providing customer service in a service desk environment.
- Experience with servers and workstations in a large enterprise server/workstation environment, helpdesk environments, and centralized administration of laptops and desktops.
- At least one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, Cisco IT Essentials, ITIL, MCSE, or MCSA.
Assets / Preferred
- ITIL, Apple Certified Support Professional, and other technology-related training.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Desktop Support Technician.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.