The College Advancement department at Cambrian College requires a full-time International Marketing Coordinator beginning January 2018. This position plays an integral role in promoting and growing the Cambrian brand across global markets to attract international students and to enhance Cambrian’s reputation among diverse stakeholders including recruitment agents, parents, and educational partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all international marketing activities, ensuring a consistent and strong representation of the Cambrian brand in all target markets.
- Conduct market research to develop strategic marketing plans, and oversee the execution of all strategies and tactics.
- Coordinate and develop all marketing materials, collaborating with international recruiters and various College departments to align strategies and maximize resources. Materials include, but are not limited to, brochures, newsletters, website content, videos, ads, and social media content.
- Manage the College’s international student-focused social media platforms.
- Serve as the key point of contact for international recruiters and agents who require marketing support.
- Support the on-campus international student experience by helping to promote on-campus events, off-campus activities, and student services.
- Hire and oversee domestic and international marketing-related service providers.
- Some evening and weekend work and limited international travel are required.
- Three-year diploma or degree, preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or International Business.
- Three years of marketing-related experience, including developing and executing marketing plans; managing projects; developing marketing materials; and copywriting for print, web, video, and social media marketing materials.
- Strong knowledge of traditional media, as well as new and emerging social media platforms.
- Market research and analysis skills.
- Experience with social media platforms and Microsoft Office programs.
- Highly-developed writing, editing, research, and project management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Resourceful, flexible, and well-organized.
- Valid Canadian passport and driver’s licence.
Assets / Preferred
- International marketing experience.
- Understanding of the diverse needs of the College’s target international markets with the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure marketing materials are culturally-relevant and culturally-sensitive.
- Photography skills.
- Video production experience.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants).
- Three-year diploma or degree preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or International Business.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.