Cambrian College’s School of Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies requires a part-time Instructor beginning September 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chair, School of Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies, the Instructor will teach within the following course:
- Intermediate PLC (ELC1006) – Students will receive hands-on training with Programable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and will describe PLC hardware, configuration, and system communications. Learners will be introduced to the fundamentals of Unity Pro industrial software. Guidelines for implementing a systematic approach to PLC programming (including basic relay functions, timer and counter instructions, arithmetic operations, and data manipulation and transfer operations) will be a focus. The theory component will be reinforced with comprehensive industrial based hands-on lab bench work exercises.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or Journeyman Electrician.
- Journeyperson certification as an Industrial Electrician.
- Several years of relevant work experience.
- Solid PLC knowledge of Unity Pro software by Schneider Electric.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience using PowerPoint.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Certification of Apprenticeship.
- Certificate of Qualification.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.