Cambrian College’s Maintenance and Building Services department requires a full-time General Maintenance Worker beginning April 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform required installations, maintenance, and repairs of buildings, equipment, systems, and facilities.
- Work under the supervision of a tradesperson when required.
- Paint and touch-up paint in identified areas; repair and finish furniture, lockers, cabinets, panels, and flooring; perform minor plumbing repairs; mount wall-hung furniture; replace burnt lamps and bulbs; change air filters; maintain motors, fans, and drive belts; check and monitor fire alarms and fire suppression equipment; and oversee the ongoing process water system and operation.
- Employ computer software to perform various functions that include, retrieving historical drawings, viewing and managing daily work orders, creating simple written procedures, and changing operational regimes on the building automation system.
- Two-year diploma, preferably in a Building/Construction Trades program.
- Two years of experience in a building maintenance operation environment.
- Experience in the safe use of various hand tools, and a commitment to workplace safety.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication skills and good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Commitment to working within a team environment.
- Solid computer skills.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.