Cambrian College’s Student Life Centre requires a Food Service Worker on a part-time basis beginning August 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a range of meals from a pre-planned menu.
- Assist with menu planning, ordering, and inventory maintenance.
- Ensure kitchen maintenance and sanitary standards are met.
- Provide direction to junior food preparation staff.
- Ensure food supplies are properly stored, and surplus foods are utilized in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Must have a Red Seal Cook Certificate and food handling certification (copies of certificates must be submitted with
- One year of restaurant, banquet, or institution experience in preparing, cooking, and serving meals in both large and
- Must be an energetic self-starter with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Possess the ability to balance several complex and ongoing tasks, while maintaining solid attention to detail.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Act as an effective role model for junior staff while working in a team-oriented environment.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.