Cambrian College’s Strategic Enrolment and College Advancement department requires a full-time Director, Alumni and Development beginning September 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sector-advancing leadership to the College’s development portfolio, including fundraising and alumni relations.
- Lead a motivated team of development professionals in supporting Cambrian’s strategic direction. This includes increasing philanthropic contributions to the College by linking the philanthropic goals of key stakeholder groups to the mission, values, and priorities of the organization.
- Design, develop, implement, and measure sustainable fundraising and alumni engagement programming by building meaningful and lasting relationships with students, graduates, faculty and staff, industry partners, and the community.
- Steward Cambrian’s growing donor family in order to appropriately recognize past, current, and future philanthropic contributions to the College.
- Grow participation and engagement of Cambrian’s 55,000 plus alumni in College activities and events.
- Serve as an articulate ambassador for Cambrian College and our partners, and as a champion of the College’s students and alumni through ongoing relationships with donors, staff, industry partners, and community leaders.
- Build awareness of philanthropy and alumni engagement at Cambrian College.
- Partner with the College’s internal community to help further relations with Cambrian alumni and build the culture of philanthropy at Cambrian College.
- Must have a four-year degree, preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Business, or a related field.
- Seven years of progressive fundraising experience, including campaign development, major gift solicitation, stewardship, annual appeals, planned giving, and research.
- Experience in Human Resources leadership, including hiring, performance evaluation, and performance management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications as well as fundraising software applications.
- Sound knowledge of CRA guidelines and ethical fundraising standards.
- Proven ability to communicate (in writing and verbally) at an executive level.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills, and the ability to maintain complex operational demands and to meet deadlines.
Assets / Preferred
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a postsecondary environment.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.