Cambrian College’s Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services requires a part-time Course Developer – Health Analytics beginning June 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chair, the Course Developer – Health Analytics will develop course outlines, topical outlines, reference materials, and teaching lessons within the following courses:
- Canadian Health Systems – Ethical Legislation and Regulatory Considerations
- Health Data Acquisition and Management I & II
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Data Mining for Health Analysts
These courses in the Health Analytics program will equip students with the knowledge to identify data needs, extract relevant data to create data warehouses, analyze data through data mining to find new patterns and relationships, and forecast results through predictive modeling. Students will learn that data-driven decision making is critical to health systems. This program will be offered using the HyFlex course model where students would have the option of attending sessions in the classroom, participating online, or doing both.
- University degree, preferably in Data Science or Health Data Analytics.
- Three years of experience working with health analytics, as well as having analytics expertise.
- Demonstrated strong computer science and statistical backgrounds.
Assets / Preferred
- Experience developing course materials is a definite asset.
* All candidates will be required to undergo appropriate testing during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.