Cambrian College’s Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support has an immediate opening for a Classroom Notetaker on a casual basis beginning February 2018. Applications may also be kept for a recruitment pool to be utilized at a later date. This role requires flexibility in scheduling during the day; therefore, this position is not suitable for student employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to students with disabilities, aiding in the students’ understanding of classroom lectures and discussions in real time.
- Exercise flexibility and accommodation while attending scheduled classes with students at the Barrydowne campus.
- Two-year postsecondary diploma.
- Note taking experience in an educational setting.
- Must have excellent keyboarding and transcription skills and the ability to type a minimum of 100 words per minute.
- Must have outstanding written and oral English language skills, and a solid understanding of the customer service standards required to effectively assist persons with disabilities.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous working experience in disability services.
* All candidates will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.