Cambrian College’s Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Sciences requires a full-time Chair beginning July 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide broad academic and instructional leadership for the various health science programs within the School.
- Provide support to the Dean in overseeing administrative and human resource responsibilities, which will include the understanding of academic budgetary frameworks.
- Support the Dean in the development of new health education programming and facilities planning and will assume an acting role for the Dean in his/her absence.
- Will be accountable for the planning, development, delivery, evaluation, and financial management/viability of the department’s activities, and will ensure the effective use of current pedagogical practices.
- Through the establishment of positive relationships, the Chair will be responsible for ensuring that programs are responsive and relevant to the needs of students, industry, and the community in accordance with the College’s Strategic and Business Plans.
- Actively participate in the College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives for graduates.
- Three or four-year degree in a health care related field and be a regulated health professional.
- Five years of experience in a health care field, teaching, and in leading and supervising professionals.
- Thorough knowledge of administration and of health disciplines and related scientific subjects.
- A solid understanding and commitment to student success, teaching excellence, and quality education.
- Familiarity with academic and administrative policies and the inter-relationships with College departments.
- Leadership experience within a management or supervisory role.
- A solid understanding of college structures along with a firm understanding of workload issues.
- Strong management, analytical, organization, human relations, and decision-making skills, as well as excellence in customer service and communication.
- Solid understanding and commitment to student success, teaching excellence, and quality education.
- Outstanding skills in mediation, facilitation, and negotiation with a strong commitment to fostering a collegial and collaborative work environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in academic leadership and supervising professionals within a unionized environment.
- More than two and a half years of experience in a postsecondary educational institution.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.