Cambrian College’s Employment Options requires a Business Skills Facilitator for two intake sessions beginning September 2017. Employment will be for 15 hours per week for 7 weeks and 30 hours per week for 26 weeks, totalling 66 weeks of employment over the course of the two intakes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction in a new Youth Entrepreneur Development Initiative program for youth aged 18 to 30 who are interested in launching a small business or pursuing self-employment.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day administration and operation of the Youth Entrepreneur Development Initiative program.
- Provide mentorship for participants as they design and launch their own business.
- Must have a postsecondary degree or diploma, preferably in Business or Business Entrepreneurship and Management.
- Five years of experience within a small business or business start-up.
- Background in working with youth, marginalized communities, and/or individuals who are experiencing barriers to employment.
- Proven ability to communicate (in writing and verbally) at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating or presenting workshops or presentations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Dynamic professional who is self-directed and proactive with a strong passion for small business and entrepreneurship.
- A solid commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.