A Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a document that formally recognizes student participation in out-of-classroom activities that enhance student learning and personal growth. Activities listed in the CCR Directory include student life programs, student leadership development programs, community engagement activities and athletics. Academic credit is not provided for participating in these activities.
Cambrian College recognizes that there is a variety of experiential learning opportunities currently taking place in programs across the institution which enriches the student experience. The Co-Curricular Record program will capture activities that are attached to the college, provide an opportunity for meaningful competency and skill development and encourage active engagement. In order for an activity to be recognized in the CCR program, it must be linked or associated to a Cambrian faculty or staff.
I’m a current student – what can a CCR do for me?
- Learn more about all of the out-of-classroom activities available at Cambrian College
- Understand how Cambrian College can assist in your full development as a student
- Get recognition for your participation in campus life activities that promote personal growth
- Reflect on, and identify key learning and skills gained through your participation
- Prepare a personalized document of your key activities that is validated by staff/faculty members which complements your academic transcript
- Adapt your record to specific audiences to enhance your resume, portfolio, or academic applications
- Provides employers with concrete evidence of your motivation to take responsibility for your learning and personal growth
- Demonstrates your initiative to get involved and make a difference in your community
- Supports your credentials when applying for jobs, internships, scholarships, bursaries and awards
- Supports your application when pursuing further education
Why does Cambrian College offer a Co-Curricular record (CCR) ?
Cambrian College believes strongly in the holistic development of our students. We combine our academic programming with a rich student experience, making our College graduates the candidates that employers are seeking to hire.
Please Note: The CCR is not retroactive so you must add activities during the same academic year in which you were involved.
Need more information ?
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org