At Cambrian College, we encourage all women to take action in addressing issues that concern them.
Rooted in Strength, Growing Together
The Cambrian Women’s Resource Centre uses behavioural and lifestyle approaches to aid in the development of an individual’s state of well-being; one that is sufficient and appropriate to comfortably perform physically, mentally, and socially.
Informative seminars and workshops addressing issues on women’s safety, health and wellness, financial and legal issues, substance abuse, and sexuality are also offered.
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Volunteers are always welcome at the Women’s Resource Centre. Volunteers play an integral part in coordinating workshops, fundraisers, seminars, and educational campaigns. Come and network with the Cambrian student body by volunteering at the Women’s Resource Centre. Build up your resume and gain valuable work experience and skills. The centre is also a great place to do mandatory program volunteer hours, with helpful staff and flexible hours.
Make sure to drop by and see us at room 2431 or simply call 705-566-8101, extension 7426.
Need to Know More?
- If you require further information, don’t hesitate to contact our Medical Clinic at 705-566-8101, ext.7822 or
- Safety & Security 705-566-8101, ext.7911
- Outside Cambrian, there are many different organizations and agencies that can assist you with any need or issue.
Off-campus, there are many different organizations and agencies that can assist you with any need or issue.
AIDS/Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Access AIDS: 705-688-0500
- AIDS Hotline – Sudbury Health Unit: 705-522-9200, ext. 202 (Toll Free 1-800-363-8388)
- HIV Testing (anonymous): 1-800-465-2437
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 705-674-6217
- Mental Health Counselling & Treatment: 705-523-4988
- Centre for Addictions and Mental Health: 705-675-1195
- Narcotics Anonymous: 705-688-9929
- Regional Eating Disorders Program: 705-523-4988
- Eating Disorder Information Centre and Overeaters Anonymous: 705-693-0021
- Children’s Community Network: 705-566-3416
- Children’s Aid Society: 705-566-3113
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Foyer Notre Dame: 705-675-6422
- Genevra House: 705-674-2210
- Sudbury Legal Clinic: 705-674-3200
- Ontario Legal Aid: 705-673-8182
- Pregnancy Care Centre in Sudbury: 705-673-5003
- Sexual Assault Crisis Centre: 705-675-8071
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 705-675-1323
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 1-866-863-0511
- YWCA/Genevra House Abuse Line: 705-674-2210
- Sudbury and District Health Unit: 705-522-9200, ext. 202
- Welfare Office – Ontario Works: 705-675-2411