Back to work legislation has been passed by the Ontario government. Classes at Cambrian will resume Tuesday.
Faculty will be back to work Monday. Students should follow the class schedule they had before the strike.
Here are some key dates for the resumption of the Fall semester:
- there will be no tests or assignments due for the first three days
- classes will run until December 20.
- the holiday break for students will run from December 21 until January 3
- the Fall semester will resume from January 4-15.
- formal exam week is suspended in favour of additional classtime. Faculty may conduct exams or other evaluations at their discretion.
- winter semester begins January 22 and runs to April 27.
- reading week is suspended in favour of additional class time.
- a day will be added (Friday) to the Family Day long weekend in February .
Enhanced student supports will be put in place to help students manage their workloads.
Cambrian is also working with the province to develop the parameters of the plan to assist students who’ve incurred unexpected financial hardships during the work stoppage. Details will be shared with students when the plans are complete.
We look forward to having our faculty and students back in the classroom.