Cambrian’s First Generation (FGEN) Student Advising Program is here to see you succeed.
Everyone’s on the right path at Cambrian
This unique Cambrian program lets you connect with other FGEN students and provides you with the resources, supports, and/or referrals to community services you need to succeed while getting the most out of your Cambrian College experience.
What is a First Generation Student?
- Your parent(s)/guardian(s) has/have not attended a postsecondary institution, including those outside of Canada; or
- You are a Crown Ward student.
First Generation Students receive:
- Academic, personal, and financial advising
- Workshops on academic, financial, social, and health and wellness
- Bursaries geared toward First Generation students
- A peer mentorship program
- Lunch and learns
- Volunteer opportunities
- Referrals to external supports and services
- The monthly FGEN newsletter
Need to know more?
Contact our Coordinator Natalie Guindon at 705-566-8101, ext. 6475, or stop in and chat in room 2120.
Or follow us on Facebook!